Relatively new to using a data acquisition system?
Have a data system, but you’re not getting the most out of it?
Thinking about getting a data system, but not sure how you’d use it?
Want to use your data system for more than an expensive lap timer, or weight ballast?!
Ross’s Speed Secrets webinars have been great learning experiences for me. They’re very convenient, and in a short amount of time I get information from him that I can use the next time I go to the track. Very practical and useful. I only wish that I could have them all to myself!Mark Osbourne
Then this webinar is for you. It’s not for engineers, or even drivers who are very experienced with data. But if you want to use data to help you be an even better driver, this webinar is for you.
The webinar is aimed at driver development, and not car development. It’s to help you self-coach, to become an even better driver.
The webinar is not specific to one data system, and will not cover information on how to set it up and/or troubleshoot it. It’s not about the hardware. It’s about how to use the analysis software, but in a generic way. I’ll use examples so that you’ll be able to apply what you learn to any system you use. However, I’ll also provide you with specific sources of information so you can learn more about whatever data system you have and use.
Speaking of examples, that’s all I’ll use. More than 20 of them! The entire webinar is a series of examples, and I’ll talk through what you can learn and use from each one. And the best part is that you’ll have these examples forever after, as I’ll provide both a video recording of the entire webinar, as well as printouts of each example.
And yes, if you sign up for the webinar but can’t actually attend, you’ll still get full access to the recording and printouts.
As in all my webinars, it’ll end with a Q&A session where you get to ask about whatever is on your mind (about driving and data analysis!).
The webinar will last between 90 and 120 minutes, depending on your questions.
The webinar will run on Wednesday, January 17th; 8:30-10:00pm Eastern/5:30-7:00pm Pacific.
What you’ll learn:
- Basic overview of what data analysis software does and looks like
- What data channels (I.e., speed, throttle, g-force, braking, steering) you should focus on
- How to spot trends in the data that indicate driving errors
- Examples of “good” brake, steering and throttle traces
- Where to find detailed information about the specific data system you use
- How to identify where you can drive faster – and how
- What indicates a handling problem, and what indicates a driving error
- How to know when you’re driving the limit, and when you’re not
- When to compare data to others, and when not to
Is this for you? It is if…
- You’re a performance/race driver of any level who uses or wants to use some type of data system
- You want to improve your driving, using data as a tool to self-coach
- You want to learn the most you can in the least amount of time
- You want to be a better driver
The Data for Driver webinar is all about practical, hands-on information & tips with one purpose:
To help you drive better & be able to coach yourself using data.
Data systems are now so affordable, from simple phone app versions to full-blown “pro” systems; more and more cars are coming from the factory with data systems; they’ve never been easier to use… but they can be a challenge until you have a solid foundation of knowledge. And they take time to learn and use, so the more efficient you become – knowing exactly what to look for – the more productive your data system will be. And the more it’ll help you be an even better driver.
Don’t miss your opportunity to learn how to use data systems to become an even faster driver.
Here are just some of the examples I’ll be sharing with you:
- Basic graph (speed, throttle, brake, steering, lat g, long g, RPM, gear)
- Compare laps (speed, delta)
- My fav – Speed, throttle, brake, steering, delta/compare
- Speed trace showing trail braking
- Lazy throttle release
- Slow brake application
- Early brake release
- Abrupt brake release
- Jerky braking due to throttle blips
- Trail braking with long tail
- Coasting after brake release
- On throttle too early
- Abrupt throttle application
- Hesitant throttle application
- Early brake release leading to too early throttle
- Brake-throttle blend
- Steering trace showing crabbing
- Steering trace showing early turn-in compared to other lap
- Steering – Oversteer/understeer correction
- Lat g – not using all grip
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be given any notes or hand-outs?
What if I sign up, but can't be on the webinar?
Will there be an opportunity to ask questions?
I've never taken a webinar before. How does it work?
During the webinar, you’ll be able to view my presentation slides while I talk through the topics, plus you’ll have the opportunity to send in questions. I will try to answer as many of the questions as possible as I go through the presentation, and then I’ll set aside some time for Q&A at the end of the session.
This being your first webinar, you’ll find out just how great a learning experience it is. You acquire knowledge from the convenience of your own home. And yes, there’s no need to get dressed up (or even dressed!) for it.