Drive the Nurburgring & Spa in 2020!
The Ultimate Drive of a Lifetime.
In conjunction with our good friend Ron Simon and his team at RSRNurburg in Germany, Tom Roberts (Euro Track Adventures) and I are leading one spectacular driving trip to Europe in 2020 that includes two of the most famous circuits in the world:
- July 14 at Spa-Francorchamps
- July 16-17 at the Nurburgring Nordschleife
It’s rare for anyone to get track dates to line up so both the Nurburgring Nordschleife and Spa-Francorchamps (the circuit that most Formula One drivers claim to be the most challenging) can be combined in one trip. But we got them! And with them being in the middle of July, the weather should be beautiful. I hope you join us for The Ultimate Drive of a Lifetime!
Here’s a brief overview of what’s included:
- Preparation – In the months leading up to your trip, Tom Roberts and I will be coaching you with special videos, materials, resources, and suggestions on how to prepare with a simulator. This is a big part of the “special sauce” that separates this trip from just going on your own. How much you enjoy the driving portion of the trip depends heavily on how you prepare – we’re there to help you with that.
- Accommodations & Meals – We arrange your hotel accommodations – all you have to do is get to Spa, Belgium by July 13th and we look after the rest. When we say that the dinners are spectacular, that’s an understatement! Fantastic food, wine, locations, and socializing make what you do away from the circuits (almost) as memorable as the driving.
- Cars – RSR has well over one hundred cars in their fleet, and you can select almost anything from a Renault Megane to a Porsche GT3 RS, with BMWs and Lotuses in between. Of course, the focus of the trips are the circuits and the driving, so we can attest to the fact that practically “any car will do”!
- Instruction – While at Spa and the Nurburgring, you will have one of RSR’s excellent instructors on hand (typically shared with one other driver) to ride with you, conduct a “lead-follow,” and answer your questions. As well, Tom, Ron Simons (yes, one of the true gurus of Spa and the Nordschleife) and I will also coach you and/or provide you with demo/taxi laps around both circuits.
- Track Walk – Okay, we can’t physically walk the entire 14 miles of the Nurburgring or 4.3 miles of Spa, but… Ron, Tom and I will lead you to key areas and corners of the circuits to view them as you would if walking it. It’s not only a great learning experience, but something that very few ever have a chance to experience.
- Driving – Oh yes, tons of driving! While the exact number of laps you drive at either circuit is dependent on the package you sign up for, many of our past guests/drivers have been challenged to get them all in. There’s that much driving. And did we mention that it’s the Nurburgring and Spa that you’ll be driving?!
- Tourist-y Stuff – While you’re in the area, you may want to take advantage of your time there and take in some of the local scenery, castles, historic sites, and local culture. It’s worth it. And we can help by providing recommendations, guides, etc.
- Spouse/Family/Friends – You’re welcome to bring a guest or two with you, to share in the non-driving activities. Some long-lasting friendships have developed between couples and friends during our past trips, and your spouse/family member/friend will be a part of the group.
- Experience – This trip is all about the experience… the prep, socializing, making friends, amazing dinners and wine, wonderful accommodations, great instruction/coaching, and unforgettable driving on two of the most famous and challenging circuits in the world. Eau Rouge, Blanchimont, La Source Hairpin… Karussel, Flugplatz, Tiergarten, Bellof Esses, Lauda Links… Just think – you can drive some of the most famous corners in the world!
Finally, this is not a “one size fits all” package. We customize the trip to suit your needs. That’s what makes it the ultimate!
The Fine Print (Details)
We bet you want to know the cost of this trip of a lifetime, right? The details are dependent on your individual package, and the Euro-Dollar exchange (which we have not been able to control!). However, we’ve done enough of these trips now (5 years in a row) to be able to give you some estimates that will be very close to the final costs. And don’t worry, you’ll have the exact amount before you have to make your final commitment.
The biggest variable is which car you choose to drive, from a hot hatchback (Renault Megane, Honda Civic Type R, etc.) to a Porsche GT3 RS. Other variables include single or double accommodations, and whether you want to share your car with another driver. Packages will start at around $9,000 and go up to $20,000. Keep in mind that this includes everything from the moment you get to Spa to the time you leave (accommodations, lunch and dinners, car, fuel, instructor, track fees).
Once you let us know that you’re seriously interested in joining our trip (and you have the experience to ensure that this will be fun and safe), we will work with you to put your individual package together, and provide the exact cost. We will then require a deposit within 10 days to lock in your spot, and the balance will be due at the end of March.
Please email us if you’d like to join The Ultimate Drive of a Lifetime.
So, Now What?
Participation is on a first come, first served basis, limited to 25 people. As well, you must be qualified, and we will ask for a driving resume. Past trips have sold out within a few days of them being announced, so if you’re interested, let us know as soon as possible (or sooner!). Email us by clicking here and let us know you’re interested, and whether you have the driving qualifications and budget to attend in what will be The Ultimate Drive of a Lifetime.
Just for fun, check out this video about one of our past Nurburgring trips: