Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | Stitcher | RSS
Ryan Selsor and I talk about what sim racing is, how track drivers can use simulators to improve their driving, what he’s learned from sim racing that applies directly to track driving, and what you need to get started using a sim.
Ryan is one of the top sim racers in the world (although that’s a bit like comparing a Formula One driver to a NASCAR driver and saying one is better than the other), and has also done autocrossing and track days. In other words, he can relate the sim world to the “real” one.
In our conversation, Ryan and I talked about a lot of different resources and websites:
- RaceDepartment (http://www.racedepartment.com)
- Crimson Simulators (https://crimsonsimulation.com)
- Playseat chassis (https://www.playseatamerica.com)
- iRacing (http://www.iracing.com)
- Automobilista (http://www.game-automobilista.com)
- rFactor (http://rfactor.net)
- Thrustmaster (http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US)
- Logitec (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/gaming-controllers)
Thanks for listening, and talk to you next week.