Drive the Nurburgring!
In conjunction with our good friend Ron Simon and his team at RSRNurburg in Germany, Tom Roberts (Eurotrack Adventures) and I will be leading a spectacular trip to drive the most challenging circuit in the world, the Nurburgring Nordschleife on August 25-26, 2019.
But don’t worry, you won’t be on your own. In fact, that’s the extra appeal of this trip – Tom and I will help you prepare in the months leading up to the trip, and then be there throughout to coach you, along with Ron and his team of RSR instructors.
I hope you join us for what will be The Most Memorable Drive of Your Life!
While the details of each trip are different, here’s a brief overview of what’s included:
- Preparation – In the months leading up to your trip, Tom Roberts and I will be coaching you with special videos, materials, resources, and suggestions on how to prepare with a simulator. This is a big part of the “special sauce” that separates this trip from just going on your own. How much you enjoy the driving portion of the trip depends heavily on how you prepare – we’re there to help you with that.
- Accommodations & Meals – We arrange your hotel accommodations – all you have to do is get to Nurburg, Germany (Frankfurt airport is the closest) – and we look after the rest. When we say that the dinners are spectacular, that’s an understatement! Fantastic food, wine, locations, and socializing make what you do away from the circuit (almost) as memorable as the driving.
- Cars – RSR has well over one hundred cars in their fleet, and you can select almost anything from a Renault Megane to a Porsche GT3 RS, with BMWs and Lotuses in between. Of course, the focus of the trip is the circuit and the driving, so we can attest to the fact that practically “any car will do”!
- Instruction – While at the Nurburgring, you will have one of RSR’s excellent instructors on hand (typically shared with one other driver) to ride with you, conduct a “lead-follow,” and answer your questions. As well, Tom, Ron Simons (yes, one of the true gurus of the Nordschleife) and myself will also coach you and/or provide you with demo/taxi laps around the Nordschleife.
- Track Walk – Okay, we can’t physically walk the entire 14 miles of the Nurburgring, but… Ron, Tom and I will lead you to key areas and corners of the circuits to view them as you would if walking it. It’s not only a great learning experience, but something that very few ever have a chance to experience.
- Driving – Oh yes, tons of driving! While the exact number of laps you drive is dependent on the package you sign up for, many of our past guests/drivers have been challenged to get them all in. There’s that much driving. And did we mention that it’s the Nurburgring that you’ll be driving?!
- Tourist-y Stuff – While you’re in the area, you may want to take advantage of your time there and take in some of the local scenery, castles, historic sites, and local culture. It’s worth it.
- Spouse/Family/Friends – You’re welcome to bring a guest or two with you, to share in the non-driving activities. Some long-lasting friendships have developed between couples and friends during our past trips, and your spouse/family member/friend will be a part of the group.
- Experience – The trip is all about the experience… the prep, socializing, making friends, amazing dinners and wine, wonderful accommodations, great instruction/coaching, and unforgettable driving on the most famous and challenging circuit in the world. The Karussel, Flugplatz, Tiergarten, Bellof Esses, Lauda Links… Just think – you can drive some of the most famous corners in the world!
For details of the itinerary, pricing and options, click on the PDF document to the right.
August 25-26 Nurburgring Trip
Click here to download a PDF document that provides you with all of the details about the itinerary, accommodations, cars, instruction, pricing and insurance for the August 25-26 Nurburgring program.
So, Now What?
Participation in the trip is on a first come, first served basis, limited to 20 people. As well, you must be qualified, and we will ask for a driving resume. Past trips have sold out within a few days of them being announced, so if you’re interested, let us know as soon as possible (or sooner!). Email me by clicking here and let us know if you’re interested, and whether you have the driving qualifications and budget to attend in what will be The Drive of Your Life.
Just for fun, check out this video about one of our past Nurburgring trips: